About Me

My photo
I love to take pictures and after I purchased my first digital camera I took even more pictures. I currently have albums, slide carrousels and CDs full of of pictures that need to be organized and presented in some type of fashion. That is why I started digital scrapbooking. So far I have only done a few pages, but my plans are to do alot more. My camera is also great help in organizing the cards that I have made. I have taken pictures of all the cards and want to make albums that I can leave with prospective customers. I have also put these pictures on the internet so family across Canada can see them.

Monday, June 13, 2011

My first doily

I have always loved the look of those crisp, white paper doilies that we used to make Valentine cards with in grade school. So when doilies became a big hit on cards this past winter, I tried to use the ones in the dollar store on some cards, but they were either the wrong size or the wrong color. Then one day, I noticed that my favorite stamping store had a doily die cut by Cheery Lynn Designs, the same one I had been drooling over on the internet. Suffice it to say , that I am now the proud owner of that die cut.


This is my first attempt at using my new die cut. The stamp used in the centre of the doily, is a Hero Arts Cling stamp. The shine over the stamped image comes from little glass beads that were burnished onto Score-It paper placed over top the image.

So far, I have made a couple of other cards using my doily die cut and will be posting them shortly. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Lynn's Place said...

Gotta get to that store man I'm in love with the doilies and how you used them...tfs